Online shopping is all about giving the audience a visual experience. So, having a fantastic website design is the first step towards achieving that goal. Since people see before they read, a perfect selection of colors, themes, and styles play a key role in engaging visitors.But many times, this is not enough to enhance your brand's visibility. You need to incorporate the best images. It will build connectivity, develop trust, and showcase a mirror image of the brand. You must have purchased online and spent your hard-earned money. But did you ever do it without viewing the product’s image? Most probably, not! No one can rely on a brand without seeing what it offers. Images of products, people, behind the scenes, and many others help develop a lasting relationship with consumers. Ultimately, it leads towards increasing conversions. From here, we get a clue about increasing conversion through images. Let us find more about it in the tips below. So, read on:
1. Develop Trust by Using Pictures of Real PeopleBecause of immense competition, consumers are not short of options. If they don’t like your brand, they can simply visit your competitor’s site. Therefore, try to develop a relationship with consumers so that they can trust your brand every time.
Today, people love to shop from websites they trust. So, let them know who your team is. Display all the hard work and even the production process to increase transparency. Show pictures of your staff, former clients, and events. It will add a human effect to your site.
Think of the brands that use models for their product photography. Designers can directly show their clothes on hangers instead of showcasing models dressed up in their product. The difference here is adding a human touch and building connectivity.
The Jacket Maker is a website that sells designer leather jackets. See how the brand has used a model instead of displaying jackets directly on hangers or on a mannequin.
You can even use the client’s image with the testimonials. It will add more validity to the reviews, and consumers will likely trust more.
2. Never Use Low-Quality Stock PhotosAn image present on many other sites can never develop consumer trust. It is one of the most significant drawbacks of stock photos. But you can go for the paid stock images to avoid this issue. Paid images are not overused and are high in quality.
Additionally, it would help if you had a thorough understanding of the traits of high-converting stock images. Some key points include considering the target market, selecting suitable colors, reflecting emotions, etc.
For instance, you have a wedding photography website, and black is considered as a sign of bad luck among your target market. If you use this color, people are likely to bounce back as you are focusing on something they don't prefer.
3. Use The Right Size of Image For a Great User ExperienceLarge-size images are not always ideal for catching the viewer's attention. The same goes for images that are too small. There should be a perfect balance based on where you intend to place the image. The ideal size for the header may not be the ideal size for the background image.
Check out the image size guidelines for selecting the correct size using WordPress. It suggests 1048 x 250 pixels for the header, 1920 x 1080 pixels for the background, and 1200 x 630 pixels for the blog posts. Inappropriate sizes will portray an unprofessional look of the site, thus spoiling your brand’s identity.
Also, large images will increase the site's loading time, negatively impacting conversions.
4. Put Pictures to Display Your Business Culture Since you intend to develop a relationship with consumers, make them visualize your office environment. It will prompt them to avail services or order products. For instance, a great work environment displays professionalism and business ethics. Thus, prospects develop a positive image of the brand.
You can display pictures of events, workshops, and seminars to show how your brand values training and development. Likewise, post photos of charity work to show how your brand gives back to the community.
Photos of business dinners, sports activities, and excursions also help in telling how your brand works as a team. People often consider such brands highly committed to quality, consumer service, and reliance.
A renowned beverage company named Coca-Cola needs no introduction. Have a look at the few pictures from its website.
The above pictures show the active contributions of the brand for the betterment of the community.
5. Select Images That Can Trigger EmotionsPeople create an emotional attachment with the brand before they purchase. Triggering this emotion is mandatory, especially in online selling, where consumers cannot physically touch the product. Feelings from an image make the prospect feel happy, sad, confused, or curious.
So, put pictures to show how they will feel after using the product. For instance, an image showing a happy and satisfied customer after getting a haircut is ideal for convincing prospects. Likewise, many makeup artists show before and after pictures of their clients.
A dull image in the before makeup shot and a happy face in an after-makeup picture will tell the entire story to the visitors.
Signature Style Salons offers several hair salons and aims at providing quality service. Here is a picture from their website:
6. Never Forget to Optimize Images No matter how good the images are, they are useless if you do not optimize them as per the SEO guidelines. So, make the most of these images and study image SEO for better optimization. Some essential tips for optimizing images are:
Wrapping It Up All in all, images can make or break your brand's identity. They play a crucial role, from catching consumers' attention to shifting their purchasing decisions. By making an intelligent selection of images, you can significantly boost conversions.
However, steps like using the best quality, triggering emotions, showcasing work culture, and SEO optimization are mandatory. So, fine-tune your website image strategies with these tips and notice a great change in no time.
All the best!